CROSSFILE CRAZE TOO
Bonnie Stalker, Crossfire VBC Directory, 608-290-4098
Thank you for participating in the Crossfire Craze tournament. In order for a smooth and successful tournament, please read the following information and share it with your coaches, players and spectators.
Tournament location will be Milton High School. Highways 59 & 26 lead into Milton. Once there, just follow signs to high school, which is at 114 W. High St., Milton, WI
FORMAT: Pool play followed by single elimination playoff brackets.
- Rally scoring to 25 points for the first two sets and third set to 15, if necessary.
- Cap of 27 (sets 1 & 2), and 17 (for 3rd set) in pool play only.
- Playoffs will be best two of three match play format, single elimination tournament for each bracket division. (No cap)
- PROTOCOL #1 will be used to break ties for the Gold Bracket.
SCHEDULE: Milton High School Gyms I & II
7:15 a.m Doors open We suggest that if you are playing in Gym I, spectators are encouraged to use ENTRANCE 1; if you’re playing in GYM II (lower gyms), spectators should use ENTRANCE 3. Lower cafeteria can be used as a “team camp” for all teams. No direct entrance will be allowed into this area.
There will be no coaches meeting. Turn in your signed USAV Webpoint rosters into the teacher’s lounge/hospitality room area, located by the stairs outside of Gym I/cafeteria doors. Coaches can pick up their free lunch ticket when you turn in your roster (one per team). A club rep will be in each respective Gym I and Gym II for questions before play begins.
- Warm-ups will be 2,4,4 before the first two matches. Warm-ups will be 3,3 following match 2. Game balls will be provided.
- After pool play, teams will be seeded into either the Gold, Silver, or Bronze brackets for 15/16s. For 13s 1st and 2nd places in each pool will move to Gold and 3rd and 4th to Silver. Results will be posted in cafeteria for Gym I play and the wall across from the gym, for Gym II play.
- 1st place Gold and Silver brackets will receive medals. 2nd place Gold will receive key chains.
- We will provide USAV certified referees as the up referee for all matches. Teams assigned to officiate must provide a down official, scorekeeper, visual scorer, libero tracker, & line judges. Be sure to be on court and ready for all officiating duties. Do not leave without checking with the tournament director to make sure you are finished officiating!
- No carry-ins into the building other than water bottles for athletes. NO COOLERS IN THE BUILDING. WATER ONLY in Gym I , due to a new floor. Food and beverages may be taken into the bleacher area above the gym.
- A full menu concessions will be sold in our high school cafeteria. Recycle and trash containers will be provided nearby for water containers.
- Please clean up your area throughout the day. Thank you for your cooperation!!!
- Demonstrate respect for the facilities, referees, other spectators and Tournament Officials!! Follow BADGER REGION SPECTATOR/PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT RULES that is attached and displayed throughout the tournament.
- Neither Milton High School nor the Tournament Directors are responsible for lost or stolen items.
- A $4 admission fee will be charged for all adult spectators. Students and Seniors are $3, children under 5 are free.
- A Certified trainer will not be on site, but ice will be available, if needed, outside both gym areas.
- Team camps may be set-up in the lower cafeteria area. Lower gym II teams can keep their gym bags and personal items by the far wall, away from spectators.
- Spectators are not allowed near the players’ bench or score table at any time during the tournament. Gym II middle bench, area behind, needs to kept cleared for a walkway BEHIND the bench. Players may have to stand by their bench, so be aware of this!
- Thank you for participating and have a great tournament!!!
- Michelle Hecimovich, 608-359-3836 & Bonnie Stalker, 608-290-4098, Site directors