CROSSFILE CRAZE TOURNAMENT
Bonnie Stalker, Crossfire VBC Directory, 608-290-4098
Thank you for participating in the Crossfire Craze tournament. In order for a smooth and successful tournament, please read the following information and share it with your coaches, players and spectators.
Tournament location will be Milton High School. Highways 59 & 26 lead into Milton. Once there, just follow signs to high school, which is at 114 W. High St., Milton, WI
FORMAT: Pool play followed by single elimination playoff brackets.
- Cap of 27 (in 25 point sets), and 17 (in 15 point sets) in pool play only.
- Playoffs will be best two of three match play format, single elimination tournament for each bracket division. (No cap)
- PROTOCOL #1 will be used to break ties for the Gold Bracket.
SCHEDULE: Milton High School Gyms I & II
7:15 a.m Doors open We suggest that if you are playing in Gym I (12s), spectators are encouraged to use ENTRANCE 1; if you’re playing in GYM II/lower gyms (14s), spectators should use ENTRANCE 3. Follow down the steps to the right of the door to the gym. Players in gym II should keep their gear by the far wall away from spectators. Lower cafeteria can be used as a “team camp” for all teams. No direct entrance will be allowed into this area.
There will be no coaches meeting. Turn in your signed USAV Webpoint rosters into the teacher’s lounge/hospitality room area, located by the stairs outside of Gym I/cafeteria doors. Coaches can pick up their free lunch ticket when you turn in your roster (one per team). A club rep will be in each respective Gym I and Gym II for questions before play begins.
- Warm-ups will be 2,4,4 before the first two matches. Warm-ups will be 3,3 following match 2. Game balls will be provided.
- After pool play, teams will be seeded into either the Gold, Silver, or Bronze brackets for 14s, top four seeds; 5-8 to Silver and 9-12 to Bronze. For 12s 1st and 2nd places in each pool will move to Gold. 3rd and 4th from Pool A and 3rd rank from Pool B will move to Silver bracket. Results will be posted in cafeteria for Gym I play and the wall across from the gym, for Gym II play.
- 1st place Gold and Silver brackets will receive medals. 2nd place Gold will receive key chains.
- We will provide certified referees as the up referee for all matches. *Teams assigned to officiate must provide a down official, scorekeeper, visual scorer, libero tracker, & line judges. Be sure to be on court and ready for all officiating duties. Do not leave without checking with the tournament director to make sure you are finished officiating!
- *The last three matches in 12s Pools will require Pool A teams to officiate on TWO courts. This is to allow a break for Pool B teams. Our staff will assist with this if you do not have enough players.
- No carry-ins into the building other than water bottles for athletes. NO COOLERS IN THE BUILDING. WATER ONLY in Gym I , due to a new floor. Food and beverages may be taken into the bleacher area above the gym.
- A full menu concessions will be sold in our high school cafeteria. Recycle and trash containers will be provided nearby for water containers.
- Please clean up your area throughout the day. Thank you for your cooperation!!!
- Tournament T-shirts will be available for sale in the cafeteria.
- Demonstrate respect for the facilities, referees, other spectators and Tournament Officials!! Follow BADGER REGION SPECTATOR/PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT RULES that is attached and displayed throughout the tournament.
- Neither Milton High School nor the Tournament Directors are responsible for lost or stolen items.
- A $4 admission fee will be charged for all adult spectators. Students and Seniors are $3, children under 5 are free.
- A Certified trainer will not be on site, but ice will be available, if needed, outside both gym areas.
- Spectators are not allowed near the players’ bench or score table at any time during the tournament. Gym II middle bench, area behind, needs to kept cleared for a walkway BEHIND the bench. Players may have to stand by their bench, so be aware of this!
- Thank you for participating and have a great tournament!!!
- Michelle Hecimovich, 608-359-3836 & Bonnie Stalker, 608-290-4098, Site directors